Adult ProgramsYour safety is important to us. Safety protocols are in place as per Alberta Health Services.
Basic Computer Classes:
Sponsored in part by the County of Wetaskiwin FCSS.
Computer classes are available in the City of Wetaskiwin and the County of Wetaskiwin throughout the year. Contact the Learning Centre to ask how to bring these classes to your community. Check our calendar for dates, times and regional locations.
For all programs, participants must bring all existing usernames and passwords. Please be considerate of those with allergies or sensitivities and refrain from wearing perfumes or scented products. A laptop will be provided; however, participants may bring their own laptop computers.
Classes are limited to 5 participants. Pre-registration is required.
1. Scared Stiff: Computer Basics - 9 hrs
- Starting your computer; Using a Mouse and Keyboard; Opening and Closing Windows; The Start Menu; Operating Systems
- Files and Folders Programs and Shortcuts; Working with Files & Folders; Learn how to search your computer for your files and programs.
- Internet and Email; Pictures and Facebook; The Internet and Connecting; Electronic Mail. Pictures includes terminology, creating and naming folders. Facebook includes signing up, following friends, posting on Facebook.
2. Windows 10® for Beginners – 6 hrs
- Operating system features such as copy, paste, print
- Organizing files and folders
- Control panel settings
- Adding and removing programs and apps
- Using and customizing menus
- Connecting to printers and devices
- Using basic programs
Bring your usernames and passwords.
3. G-Suite® formerly Google Applications® – 6 hrs
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
Learn the basics of these applications, and how to access them anywhere.
4. Basic Email - 3 hrs
Learn how to set up and use email. Create an email account in Outlook and/or Gmail. Manage, send and receive email and attachments.
5. Advanced Email - 3 hrs
An introduction to advanced features found in mail management programs. This is for those who want to learn the advanced features provided by programs like Office Outlook or Windows Mail.
Need some one on one help learning to use your computer? Book a 45-minute session with a tutor to learn how to increase your computer skills. Each session is $20. Contact our office at 780-352-7257 for dates and availability.
Our learning centre is open and available for you to receive the help you need to reach your learning goals. This includes adult literacy learning, pre-GED (General Equivalency Diploma) prep, foundational math, reading, writing and specialized ESL (English as a Second Language) help. Make an appointment to speak with our Learning Coach to get started on your learning journey. In person and on-line learning options available.
Need To Write An Exam?
Exam Invigilation for most Post Secondary Institutions. Save time, travel and money by writing your exam closer to home. Contact our office to inquire about this learner support service.
Learning Centre Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9:30 – 3pm
Tell us what you need…. We are ready to help!
*Appointments required. Safety protocols are in place as per Alberta Health Services.
Money Matters is a free introductory financial literacy program for adult learners. We cover the following topics:
- Spending Plans
- Banking Basics
- Borrowing Money
- RESPs and other ways to save
Back to work Bootcamp
This interactive workshop will get you ready for work. You will identify your key strengths and skills ; learn to navigate job posting sites, develop a resume and improve your interview skills. Your confidence and skill in the job search process will increase to help you obtain meaningful employment.
Contact our office for more information about these programs.