Basic Computer Classes:
Sponsored in part by the County of Wetaskiwin FCSS.
Computer classes are available in the City of Wetaskiwin and the County of Wetaskiwin throughout the year. Contact the Learning Centre to ask how to bring these classes to your community. Check our calendar for dates, times and regional locations.
For all programs, participants must bring all existing usernames and passwords. Please be considerate of those with allergies or sensitivities and refrain from wearing perfumes or scented products. A laptop will be provided; however, participants may bring their own laptop computers.
Classes are limited to a maximum of 8 participants. Pre-registration is required.
1. Scared Stiff: Computer Basics - 9 hrs
- Starting your computer; Using a Mouse and Keyboard; Opening and Closing Windows; The Start Menu; Operating Systems
- Files and Folders Programs and Shortcuts; Working with Files & Folders; Learn how to search your computer for your files and programs.
- Internet and Email; Pictures and Facebook; The Internet and Connecting; Electronic Mail. Pictures includes terminology, creating and naming folders. Facebook includes signing up, following friends, posting on Facebook.
2. Windows 10® for Beginners – 9 hrs
- Operating system features such as copy, paste, print
- Organizing files and folders
- Control panel settings
- Adding and removing programs and apps
- Using and customizing menus
- Connecting to printers and devices
- Using basic programs
Bring your usernames and passwords.
3. G-Suite® formerly Google Applications® – 9 hrs
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
Learn the basics of these applications, and how to access them anywhere.
4. Basic Email - 3 hrs
Learn how to set up and use email. Create an email account in Outlook and/or Gmail. Manage, send and receive email and attachments.
Need some one on one help learning to use your computer? Book an hour with our computer instructor to learn how to increase your computer skills. Cost is $25/hour. Contact our office at 780-352-7257 for dates and availability.
Our learning centre is open and available for you to receive the help you need to reach your learning goals. This includes adult literacy learning, pre-GED (General Equivalency Diploma) prep, foundational math, reading, writing and specialized ESL (English as a Second Language) help. Make an appointment to speak with our Learning Coach to get started on your learning journey. In person and on-line learning options available.
Need to write your GED?
We are an approved GED paper-based test writing site.
Contact us to schedule your appointment.
Minimum 2 weeks notice required.
Need To Write An Exam?
Exam Invigilation available for most Post Secondary Institutions. Save time, travel and money by writing your exam closer to home. Contact our office to inquire about this learner support service.
Fee: $30 per exam
Learning Centre Hours:
Our Learning Centre is open by appointment only.
Tell us what you need…. We are ready to help!
* Safety protocols are in place as per Alberta Health Services.
Money Matters is a free introductory financial literacy program for adult learners. We cover the following topics:
- Spending Plans
- Banking Basics
- Borrowing Money
- RESPs and other ways to save
Dates: Nov 2, 9, 16 & 23
Location: Wetaskiwin Community Learning Program offices
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Fee: Free – Pre-registration required
Change it Up
The Change it Up program is an exciting approach designed to change the way you look at employment training and skill development on the road to employment.
You will be empowered to envision, create and execute an individualized plan for your future, in an innovative and interactive workshop environment.
Discover how you can understand your worth, motivation and where you want to go. We’ll help you discover how to get there.
Dates: October 5 – December 7
Time: 9:30 -12:30
Location: Wetaskiwin Learning Centre
Fee: Free (must commit to the entire 10 weeks)